Reading: (aside from my school texts)
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People- Stephen R. Covey
- ^Highly recommend this book to everyone. There's some really fantastic advice about life and perception. This was assigned on a reading list for school and I'm quite glad about it.
- The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down- Anne Fadiman
- I'm not terribly far into this book but so far it's really good. A true story about a Hmong family and their interactions with the American health care system in taking care of their child with a very serious epilepsy case. Another that was on my reading list for school.
- Edgar Allan Poe: Complete Tales and Poems
- I found this one for my Kindle for $0.99. I love me some classic literature and sometimes I just need a break from my nursing reading. I've read a few of the short stories which are a perfect non-commitment read for the nights that I simply want to be entertained and not expected to retain anything.
- Just finished Mad Men Season 7 (the first half) and I'm so sad we have to wait until next year to see the finale! If you haven't ever watched Mad Men, please do. Google it. It's great.
- Also just finished Game of Thrones Season 4. I read the books over the last 6 months and I'm also quite sad that I have to wait until next year for the next season/wait for who knows how long for the next book to come out... George R.R. Martin loves to break hearts.
- Now watching Portlandia Season 3, which gives us many a great laugh. Fred Armisen is a genuis and there are way too many scenarios that are oddly familiar to Tanner and I... in other words we know we're hipsters.
Hope you are all good and happy!