As many of my friends and family know, I love makeup. My everyday make up is usually pretty boring compared to some of my more eccentric night time looks. On Friday I was feeling very Gatsby-inspired (specifically Jordan Baker inspired), and decided to go for a dark and mysterious 1920's look. I strayed a tiny bit because it's really hard for me to not do a cat eye shape, cat eye is simply my favorite. I also left out the dark lips on this one. Dark lips and dark eyes can be so mysterious and sleek but they're tricky. I was pleased with my results nonetheless.
I use a blend of Everyday Minerals makeup and Bare Minerals makeup. Both make really fantastic products, I have been using more of the Everyday Minerals make up since it's a tad bit cheaper. They sell only online, but their products are all natural, vegan and cruelty free at a good price. They're easy on the sensitive skin and give me great coverage for my acne prone and acne scarred skin. I personally the powder coverage better than a liquid foundation.
- Correcting concealer from Bare Minerals (probably one of the best concealers I've ever used)
- Matte base foundation from Everyday Minerals
- Wild Vines blush from Everyday Minerals
- Revlon ColorStay liquid eyeliner (my go-to)
- Everyday Minerals eyeshadow in "Smokey" (currently not in stock)
- Bare Minerals eyeshadow in "Quirky"
- Falsies Volum' Express (waterproof) from Maybelline
- White eyeliner pencil from Rimmel
- Black eyeliner pencil from Rimmel
- My go-to dark brown eye shadow for the brows from L'Oreal
I hope to do a more detailed makeup tutorial sooner or later. I know in our next apartment the lighting is so much better, so I've got a few ideas up my sleeve for then.