Monday, May 5, 2014

Lately..

     As a photographer I don't have very many photos of myself. Also it seems that I mainly use my phone for "everyday" things since its always with me and carrying a DSLR around is a bit of a pain. So I feel that words might create a better image than my crappy phone photos but I'll include them nonetheless. May has started out with a bang. I've been really busy between my full time nursing job, planning our trip to the West coast for 10 days at the end of May, researching, purchasing and utilizing essential oils, seeing my family and getting together with friends, planning my very first real garden and starting my indoor herbs, getting as much sunshine as possible on those rare sunny days after a week of rain.









 




      I'm feeling so good and excited about life in general. Most of the time I am, I'm usually pretty optimistic. Right before we moved I was in a bit of a funk, feeling very trapped and down. Moving to a new beautiful environment has been so therapeutic. Partaking in "healthy practices" like yoga, clean eating, drinking lots of water and herbal tea and now learning all about essential oils always makes me feel really good as well. We have this one precious life here on earth, taking care of myself is a priority and I haven't always made that a priority in the past. I still love to indulge on certain foods, but I try my hardest to take care to cook from whole and healthy foods or to really read about what it is I'm putting in my body if its a processed food.


   Summer has also been at the forefront of my mind. The other day I was talking about it with Tanner (and this totally goes against what I just typed about eating whole and healthy foods) and I told him how all I want is to be floating in a lake on a 90 degree summer day with a bag of Cheetos. Hahaha I can't help myself. But I want hot days and cool water, warm nights and bonfires and star gazing and wet grass and sandy towels and grilled meat and bike rides and porch laughter. Give it to me. I'm ready.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...