Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Experimental Oatmeal Banana PB "Cookies"

I was inspired by a few different recipes on Pinterest that I found (energy-bites, breakfast cookies.. etc) to make these "cookies" up. They are almost more similar to a scone than a cookie in my opinion, but you can make up your own mind as to what you would like to call them. This was my first time actually making up my own baking recipe, but there aren't many ingredients at all, no baking powder or anything like that to worry about. These are definitely on the healthier side of the cookie healthiness spectrum, and you can always add or leave out ingredients that you don't like (or don't have!).



Healthy Oatmeal Banana PB "Cookies"

2 ripe bananas
2 tablespoons flax seed
1 1/2 cups oatmeal
1/2 cup peanut butter (roughly)
1-2 tablespoons honey depending on how sweet you'd like them
chocolate chips (optional- they are obviously healthier with out or with a vegan substitue)

Preheat oven to 350.
Peel and mash the ripe bananas.
Add flax seed to bananas and mix well.
Add the oatmeal and mix well.
Add in the peanut butter and honey, mix well.
Lastly add your chocolate chips (I didn't even measure, I just poured. I like me some chocolate) and mix it up together.
Plop them onto a greased baking sheet. This recipe made 9 (odd number I know) large cookies for me. You could certainly make them smaller and get a dozen out of them. Bake at 350 for 10-12 minutes depending on how crispy you like them to be. Like I said earlier, they are almost more like a scone in my opinion, so don't expect the middle to get really crispy. They'll be nice and soft.


Note: You could try adding almonds or walnuts. Also some coarse sea salt might also be really good with these cookies to give it that salty sweet flavor. Let me know what you guys think! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...