Monday, July 22, 2013

98 years


     This beautiful woman is my Great-Grandmother. On Friday she turned 98 years old. She is so lovely and lively that it makes my heart swell when I think of her. I have fantastic genes coming from this woman. Like I said, she is at 98 years old now and she still lives in her lovely house by herself. She still loves to garden and sit outside and visit the "old people" at the nursing home (many of whom are about 20 years younger than herself). So often I worry about time. I worry that I'm not living my life to the fullest or that time is passing by too quickly. It feels as though it slips through my hands like tiny grains of sand. My Grandma never talks about being fearful of the passage of time. To me she is inspiring in that way, that she is satisfied with how her life has turned out and you can clearly see that family and love are some of the most important things to her. She carries herself with such an elegant grace and she truly brings happiness to all those who meet her. In the small town where she lives, she knows just about everyone, and I know so many people that aren't actually related to her but they love her just the same. I have been blessed to have such a wonderful woman in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...