Thursday, January 2, 2014

2013 // 2014

     2013
Overall, this year has been a huge stepping stone in my life. I feel like I've grown quite a bit emotionally and mentally as well. I've learned a lot about myself, I have a plethora of never-ending deep and philosophical thoughts that I rarely ever talk about with others. Sometimes I fear that people make think I'm shallow because I don't outwardly share these things- but then I realize that I really don't care. I myself know that I'm an intelligent and extremely sensitive and loving being. I have no need to prove that to anyone despite this day and age of sharing everything.

Last year my goals were to eat more healthy and exercise more. I actually feel like I did a really nice job of doing that. I educated myself further on nutrition and cooking and I've been pretty good at cooking from whole foods/making things homemade. Reading "In Defense of Food" by Michael Pollan was one of my favorite things to have done regarding that subject. Here are some other things that happened this year:


  • I completed my nursing degree, graduated from college, passed my nursing boards on the first try and started my first nursing job as a home care nurse for a pediatric client.
  • I watched my husband graduate with his Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering and supported him as he began his journey through grad school.
  • We got a beta fish named Finn. We had him for about 3 weeks before Tanner accidently killed him because he made his water too warm after changing it.
  • I became an aunt to the sweetest little darling, Annabelle.
  • I went to our family cabin a couple of times and spent some quality time in the sun and the water that I'm now longing for in this subzero Minnesota winter.
  • We went to an apple orchard in September on a warm autumn day.
  • I've sat around a numerous number of bonfires throughout the year.
  • We went sledding at night with our best friends and laughed and screamed and smiled. 
  • We went camping with our cousins and Tanner and I shared a cozy little tent as it was unusually chilly for July.
  • I went trick or treating on Halloween night with my client.
  • I've gone back to Elementary school for the second time in my life (as a part of my job).
  • I started a blog.
  • I began sewing and crocheting again.
  • I cut over a foot of hair off of my head.
  • I traveled north with my honey and drank in the snowy evergreens and bluffs.
  • I opened many a gift and given many a gift as well.
  • I've given an unknown and excessive amount of hugs and kisses to my loved ones.
  • I've laughed a thousand times with them as well.
There are so many more amazing things that happened last year that I can't think of at this moment. This year I plan to keep a little jar that holds small notes that I will write of lovely and happy things that have happened throughout the year. I keep a journal, but it will be fun to open this jar on next New Years Eve and reflect on the wonderful year that will have been 2014.

     2014
I hope that 2014 is another beautiful year for me and for my husband.
I hope that we will find a new place to dwell as I feel stifled in this apartment.
I hope that our family will grow- as in I hope that we get a puppy. First we need a new place to live.
I look forward to our trip in May to the west coast- Nevada, California, Oregon and Washington.
I hope to even better my eating habits and to join a gym so I will be even more motivated to exercise.
I will do at least 20 minutes of yoga on the days that I don't do a more intense workout.

I'm turning 23 this year and it's the youngest that I'll ever be again. Each day I grow older and I appreciate that I can acknowledge that fact but it also scares me. So I want to be the healthiest I can be while I'm still able to. I want a healthy body that will take me through many more years of this wondrous life. I want a healthy mind and a healthy spirit that brings me peace. I don't want clutter in my head or in my home. I want to continue this journey of being a nurse, a caregiver, that I have started. I want my marriage to be even better than it is now. I want to become more selfless. I want to possess less and appreciate more. These are my wishes for the coming year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...